TAMS Software Manual
1 - Current Module
This is where the currently selected module. (For now, there's only the Roads module.) Many of the module controls are in this area. Selecting a different tab (the top of the area) will make the corresponding module active.
2 - Map Toolbar
This is the toolbar for the map. Left-to-right, the displayed controls are:
- Zoom controls. (Zoom In, Zoom Out, and Zoom to fit) These buttons zoom in or out 1 step with each click.
- Cursor modes: (#2a)
- The "Pan" (hand) button allows you to drag the map with the left mouse button
- The "Select Items" (i) button allows you to select a map item with the left mouse button
- The "Data Table" (page+pencil) button allows you to select a map item and see the associated SHP file data
- The "Zoom to Selection" (magnifying glass) button allow you to select an area of the map to zoom in on
NOTE: You can always pan the map by holding down the right mouse button and then using the left to drag (pan) the map. I.e., the right button shifts the cursor into "Pan" mode while held down.
- Find by ID box allows you to search for a particular ID. This is most useful when looking for a segment referenced in a report by its ID.
3 - Main map area
See notes for the cursor modes (#2a) about how to interact with the map.
4 - Program Menu
Additional program functionality is found in the top menu. Options that are grayed out are currently unavailable. The "Help" menu includes the option to send a bug report to Utah LTAP. This report will also include some logs to help us understand the problem. (You will be able to view the information included.)