Registered Storm Water Inspector (RSI)
When: Oct 1, 2023 - Oct 31, 2023Online Canvas Course
Remote Home Office - If possible please try to attend in person.
We feel you will have a better experience and it is easier to interact with the instructor.
This course will start on the first day of the month and will remain open until the last day of the month. You will have one month to complete the course and take the exam. On the last day of the month we will close the course. Certificates will not be available until after we have closed and processed the course at the end of the month. Please give us up to two weeks to process everything, post grades and attendance. If you have entered all of your inspections, then you will be able to access a copy of your certificate from your RSI record on the Utah LTAP website.
The link to the online course will be emailed out to participants on the starting date for the course. You will not be able to access the course until you have paid.
Your RSI customer record will be on the Utah LTAP website (utahltap.org). You are responsible for keeping your RSI record updated with the current contact information. (Courtesy emails and certificates will be emailed to you, so make sure you have your current email on your record) Your email will be your username. If you do not know your password you can click on “forgot password” to log in.
- Take Class and Pass the Test w/ 70% or higher
- 10 Inspections - Completed upon registration for RSI Class or complete within 6 months from the date of class (Must shadow a certified Registered Stormwater Inspector for the 10 inspections)
- If your 10 inspections were added at the time that you registered for the RSI class and you pass the test you will automatically be certified. Certification is good for 2 years from the start date of the course. If someone else registered you for the class, you will need to go in and add your 10 inspections.
- Renewal: Every 2 years you will need to renew your certification on the Utah LTAP Website. You will need to add 10 new inspections and 8 Professional Development Hours at the time of renewal and pay the renewal fee.
The State of Utah, in cooperation with the Utah Storm Water Advisory Committee has developed this program. Projects are legally required to designate a stormwater inspector with training and qualifications.
This course is for:
- project superintendents
- project managers
- compliance officers
- those involved with completing stormwater inspections or overseeing them
This course counts as 8 Utah DOPL-approved CEUs for licensed Contractors. (Additional fee applies.)
There will be NO REFUND for no-show or late cancellation. Notification of cancellation must be received prior to registration deadline (usually 1 week before class).
This course fulfills a Level 2 requirement for the Road Scholar program.