Registered Storm Water Inspector
Road Scholar Eligibility
This class is a fills a Road Master (Level 2) requirement.
Length: 8 hours
The link for the video to watch for this course will be emailed to you after you have completed payment for this course. Please email the workshop coordinator at (email@example.com) a copy of your receipt and she will email you a link to the video. Since we have a fairly large volume of requests please allow 2 days for the email to be sent.
Your SWPPP/RSI customer record will be on the Utah LTAP website (utahltap.org). You are responsible for keeping your SWPPP record updated with the current contact information. (Courtesy emails and certificates will be emailed to you so make sure you have your current email on your record) Your email will be your username. If you do not know your password you can click on “forgot password” to log in.
- Take Class and Pass the Test w/ 70% or higher
- 10 Inspections - Completed upon registration for RSI Class or complete within 6 months from the date of class (Must shadow a certified Registered Stormwater Inspector for the 10 inspections)
- If your 10 inspections were added at the time that you registered for the RSI class and you pass the test you will automatically be certified. Certification is good for 2 years from the date of the class. If someone else registered you for the class, you will need to go in and add your 10 inspections.
- Renewal: Every 2 years you will need to renew your certification on the Utah LTAP Website. You will need to put 10 new inspections and 8 Professional Development Hours in at the time of renewal and pay the $50 renewal fee.
For questions please contact
There will be NO REFUND for no-show or late cancellation. Notification of cancellation must be received prior to registration deadline (usually 1 week before class). Substitutions may be made at any time.
The State of Utah, in cooperation with the Utah Storm Water Advisory Committee has developed this program. Projects are legally required to designate a stormwater inspector with training and qualifications.
This course is perfect for
- project superintendents
- project managers
- compliance officers
- those involved with completing stormwater inspections or overseeing them
Note: Although this course is required for the Road Master (level 2) certificate, the stormwater certification is not required; only attending the course is required for the Road Scholar program. Those taking the course solely for their Road Scholar program are not required to stay and take the test.
This is a one day training. Training will conclude with an exam. Lunch will be on your own.
- Download the Construction General Permit and read through it.