Calculations for Road Maintenance
When: Mar 16, 2023TBD
USU Distance Campus
920 W Levoy Dr
Taylorsville, Utah 84123
NOTE: You will be required to bring a calculator with you to class. A phone calculator will work.
- Reviewing basic math calculation for length, area, volume, and weight
- Using a calculator in math solutions
- Practical applications of math to common maintenance problems
- Training in the use of the "Inspectors Job Guide & Highway Maintenance Tables"
- Calculating application rates for maintenance road projects
- Calculating material quantities
- Calculating trench backfill around pipes
- Calculating stockpile quantities
A copy of the Inspector's Job Guide & Highway Maintenance Tables is included in the workshop.
(THIS CLASS WAS PREVIOUSLY NAMED MAINTENANCE MATH)
Notification of cancellation must be received prior to registration deadline. Substitutions may be made at any time. Please notify us of any changes.
This course fulfills an elective requirement for the Road Scholar program.