Calculations for Road Maintenance
Road Scholar Eligibility
This class is a fills a Electives requirement.
Length: 4 hours
NOTE: You will be required to bring a calculator with you to class. A phone calculator will work.
- Reviewing basic math calculation for length, area, volume, and weight
- Using a calculator in math solutions
- Practical applications of math to common maintenance problems
- Training in the use of the "Inspectors Job Guide & Highway Maintenance Tables"
- Calculating application rates for maintenance road projects
- Calculating material quantities
- Calculating trench backfill around pipes
- Calculating stockpile quantities
A copy of the Inspector's Job Guide & Highway Maintenance Tables is included in the workshop.
(THIS CLASS WAS PREVIOUSLY NAMED MAINTENANCE MATH)