Asphalt Paving Maintenance 1
Face coverings are currently required for LTAP classes. Click for details
These classes/locations have been confirmed. If there are any changes in COVID-19 restrictions, postponment, cancellation or other changes may be made. We will notify you (via email) of these changes.
When: Mar 9, 20219am-1pm
This class is broadcast via IVC to multiple locations. You will select a location to attend during registration.
This workshop will cover the following:
- Pavement Preservation General Concepts:
- How to do a pavement distress analysis of your road system
- Computer tools available to evaluate and prioritize pavement preservation activities
- The most cost effective strategies to minimize road maintenance budgets and prolong the life of the overall system
- Where you should be spending your money at any given time in the road's life
- Becoming familiar with terminology
- Distinguishing between preservation and rehabilitation repairs
- Understanding basic pavement management concepts
- Monitoring pavement condition
- Pavement life cycle
- Distress Identification
- Pothole repair and crack sealing best practices
This course counts as 2 Utah DOPL-approved CEUs for licensed Contractors. (Additional fee applies.)
Notification of cancellation must be received prior to registration deadline. Substitutions may be made at any time. A $25 adminstrative fee may be retained for late cancellations or no-shows. Please notify us of any changes.
This course fulfills a Level 2 requirement for the Road Scholar program.