Registered Stormwater Inspector (RSI)
Those wishing to become an RSI must complete the following requirements within 6 months of registration for the class. The applicant must pay the $150 registration fee prior to taking the class. The Utah LTAP is not able to interpret, make exceptions, or settle questions related to the requirements below:
- Complete the USWAC approved course.
- Pass the USWAC exam with a score of 70% or greater.
- Complete and properly submit 10 SWPPP inspections (with a certified RSI) to the RSI website.
- Have a high school education or GED.
Certification is good for 2 years from date of course completion.
All renewal requirements must be completed while having a valid RSI certification.
- Complete 8 hours of additional Storm Water related professional development.
- Complete 10 field inspections.
- Pay renewal fee. ($100)
Re-certification is good for 2 years from the original expiration date.
There is a 30-day grace period after certification expires for completing renewal; but there is an additional fee ($50) for renewals completed during the grace period. Renewal applications after 30 days will not be accepted.
Additional Education Resources
Some resources for the additional education requirement in SWPPP renewals.