Registered Stormwater Inspector (RSI)
Those wishing to become an RSI must complete the following requirements within 6 months of taking the class:
- Attend USWAC approved course
- Pass the USWAC exam with a score of 70% or greater.
- Complete 10 SWPPP inspections (with a certified RSI).
- Have a high school education or GED.
Certification is good for 2 years from date of course completion.
All renewal requirements must be completed while having a valid RSI certification.
- Complete 8 hours of additional SWPPP-related professional development
- Complete 10 field inspections.
- Pay renewal fee. ($100)
Re-certification is good for 2 years from the original expiration date.
There is a 30 day grace period after certification expires for completing renewal; but there is an additional fee ($50) for renewals completed after certification expiration. Renewal applications after 30 days will not be accepted.