UAS Drone Workshop / TIMS
2- day course
When: Apr 26, 2023 - Apr 27, 20238:30 - 5:00 first day - 8:30 - 12:00 second day
Dixie Applied Technical College
610 S Tech Ridge Dr
St George, UT 84770
- 1.5 – 2 day event geared toward TIMs safety and UAS for Survey, Construction, Maintenance.
- Cost per person $200.00 (includes cold lunch)
Day 1 Potential Overview
- 2 hour - TIM overview and briefing/training for the day’s events.
- TIM overview – geared toward survey, construction, maintenance personnel.
- Lane closure techniques
- Vehicle placement / lights
- What to do if you come across a crash
- Basic scene safety on a crash scene
- Rolls / responsibilities of scene responders
- Lights / vehicle placement
- 1.5 hour – Briefing on live demonstrations.
- Safety briefing and basic overview
- Roles / Responsibilities
- Safe areas vs. Active areas
- First responders
- Fire / EMS staging and walkthrough
- Police overview
- Tow truck safety and abilities
- Maintenance/Construction/Survey Personnel
- Roles they play in a major crash scene
- Equipment available
- Clean up assistance / early warner / traffic control help
- Photogrammetry basics
- Scene setup – What’s needed to fly / collect GOOD scene data?
- Drone safety / airspace / initial setup requirements
- Post flight operations
- What to do with the data
- How to know if it is acceptable
- Good data – Now what?
- 4 hours – Live scene demonstration
- staging, approach, initial assessment
- Initial traffic control and scene assessment
- Checking injuries / entrapment / etc.
- Calling in additional resources
- Fire / EMS
- Arrival and assessment of scene
- Triage of patients on scene
- Hazmat assessment
- Assist with cones / traffic control
- Place vehicle with arrow board as early warning vehicle
- Assist with clean up of debris, oil, etc as directed by emergency personnel
- Arrival and setup of trucks to begin rescue / recovery services.
- Utilizing tow trucks for rescue
- Ability to lift vehicles up for emergency personnel to get to trapped victims.
- How to setup a proper scene for UAS documentation
- Photogrammetry – Fly the scene
- What is the pilot looking for?
- Good flight qualities vs. what makes a flight “bad”
- Safety Debrief
- What went right?
- What could be improved on?
- Individual roles breakdown and assessment
- Post flight assessment
- Good data collected, now what?
Day 2 – Potential Overview
- Basic flight safety
- Basic flight controls and flight/aircraft awareness
- Rules / Regs overview for the day
- Flight Training
- Hands on skills / basic flight controls
- NIST Course
- Obstacle course
- Hazmat, culvert, pipe inspection demo
Notification of cancellation must be received prior to registration deadline. Substitutions may be made at any time. Please notify us of any changes.
This course fulfills an elective requirement for the Road Scholar program.