UAS Drone Workshop / TIMS
When: Dec 4, 2023 - Dec 5, 20238:30 - 5:00 First Day
8:30 - 12:00 Second Day
SLCC Miller Conference Center - click link to find map to location. parking and rooms map at the bottom
9750 S 300 W, Sandy, UT 84070
About the Workshop
Many communities are in the process of starting or implementing Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS). Sundance Media and Kuker Ranken are experts in aerial mapping. The class will introduce the topics of pixel based and lidar based surveying, including flight control and processing software. While the class uses Traffic Incident Management cases studies (TIM), along with public works case studies, the methodologies are relevant for a number of different uses.
- TIM overview - geared toward survey, construction, maintenance personnel.
- Basic scene safety on a crash scene
- Live demonstrations
- First Responders
- Maintenance/Construction/Survey Personnel
- UAS basics
- Scene documentation
DAY TWO (half day)
- Live flight training
- Photogrametry best practices
- Deep-focus documentation
- Introduction to the ANYmal Robot System
WHO should attend?
This workshop benefits a wide range of participants:
● State, City, County and Tribal Staff
● Emergency and Incident Management
● Field Personnel - communications, operations, maintenance, construction, consultants, contractors
Cost is $200
Notification of cancellation must be received prior to registration deadline. Substitutions may be made at any time. Please notify us of any changes.
This course fulfills an elective requirement for the Road Scholar program.