Asphalt Paving Maintenance 1
When: Feb 21, 20238:30 to 12:30
USU Distance Campus
920 W Levoy Dr
Taylorsville, Utah 84123
Remote Home Office - If possible please try to attend in person.
We feel you will have a better experience and it is easier to interact with the instructor.
This workshop will cover the following:
- Pavement Preservation General Concepts:
- How to do a pavement distress analysis of your road system
- Computer tools available to evaluate and prioritize pavement preservation activities
- The most cost effective strategies to minimize road maintenance budgets and prolong the life of the overall system
- Where you should be spending your money at any given time in the road's life
- Becoming familiar with terminology
- Distinguishing between preservation and rehabilitation repairs
- Understanding basic pavement management concepts
- Monitoring pavement condition
- Pavement life cycle
- Distress Identification
- Pothole repair and crack sealing best practices
This course counts as 2 Utah DOPL-approved CEUs for licensed Contractors. (Additional fee applies.)
Notification of cancellation must be received prior to registration deadline. Substitutions may be made at any time. Please notify us of any changes.
This course fulfills a Level 2 requirement for the Road Scholar program.