Calculations for Road Maintenance
When: Sep 25, 20199am-1pm
This class is broadcast via IVC to multiple locations. You will select a location to attend during registration.
NOTE: You will be required to bring a calculator with you to class. A phone calculator will work.
- Reviewing basic math calculation for length, area, volume, and weight
- Using a calculator in math solutions
- Practical applications of math to common maintenance problems
- Training in the use of the "Inspectors Job Guide & Highway Maintenance Tables"
- Calculating application rates for maintenance road projects
- Calculating material quantities
- Calculating trench backfill around pipes
- Calculating stockpile quantities
A copy of the Inspector's Job Guide & Highway Maintenance Tables is included in the workshop.
(THIS CLASS WAS PREVIOUSLY NAMED MAINTENANCE MATH)
Notification of cancellation must be received prior to registration deadline. Substitutions may be made at any time. A $25 adminstrative fee may be retained for late cancellations or no-shows. Please notify us of any changes.
This course fulfills an elective requirement for the Road Scholar program.